You may consider the consumption of supplements to support health. The supplement can help You ensure the fulfillment of the needs of the body will be nutrient-a nutrients required in order for the body to function properly. to keep in mind, supplements are not intended as a substitute for medication or medical procedures other in treating or preventing a disease.
Supplements are also not a substitute for food completely. You still need to eat a variety of healthy foods to meet the needs of your day-to-day. That is, the supplements appear to supplement or increase the intake of Your meal.
More On Supplements
Supplement can is products containing one or more nutrients vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids, and fiber. In addition, the supplement can also be in the form of natural products in the form of herbal or natural ingredients non-plant origin, for example, obtained from the animal. Supplements there are packed in the form of a tablet, caplet, pill, soft capsule, or liquid.
Currently, many types of supplements that circulating in the market. Multivitamin supplements and supplements nonvitamin nonmineral are two types of supplements are widely consumed by the public.
A designation multivitamin is intended to supplement containing three or more vitamins and minerals. Vitamins and minerals contained, has a dose that can still be tolerated so that it can be not at risk of poor health when consumed according to the rules. Usually, the content in the multivitamin is the vitamins C, B1, B2, B3, B6, H (biotin), B12, B5 (pantothenate), A, E, D3, K1, potassium iodide, copper, zinc, iron, beta-carotene, calcium, magnesium, chromium, and manganese. Multivitamin supplements do not contain hormones, drugs, or herbs.
Supplements Nonvitamin nonmineral (NVNM)
included in the category of supplements nonvitamin nonmineral (NVNM) are herbs and supplements nonvitamin other. Vitamin supplements, drink herbal tea and drink green tea instead of including the category of NVNM. Same with the multivitamin supplement, the supplement NVNM usually packaged in the form of pills, soft capsules, gels, caplets, or liquid form.
an example of a supplement NVNM, among others, fish oil, probiotics or prebiotics, ginkgo Biloba, pills green tea, ginseng, echinacea, garlic supplements, and glucosamine or chondroitin.
the Benefits of Supplements
Research has shown that some supplements can support health in general. According to various studies, some certain health conditions can be helped along with the consumption of supplements regularly, namely:
– fish oil to reduce cardiovascular risk because they contain omega-3 fatty acids such as eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
– Chicken essence potentially relieves physical fatigue and improves sports performance, according to research.
– A supplement in the form of soy products to help treat hypercholesterolemia.
– Probiotics for a variety of conditions gastrointestinal disorders, such as irritable bowel syndrome, infectious diarrhea, and ulcerative colitis.
– Ginger to relieve nausea and vomiting at the beginning of the semester of the pregnancy, post-chemotherapy, and drunk.
the above Benefits are being studied further to ensure their effectiveness.
keep This in mind Before Taking Supplements
So You can get the benefits of supplements and do not pose a risk for health in later life, consider the things below before you start consuming the product:
– Avoid taking supplements with the purpose of creating a particular disease, especially if You make the diagnosis yourself. Consult first with your doctor.
– Understand that the effectiveness and safety of supplements aren’t measured from the term “natural” which is listed in the packaging, but from the chemical content in these products, how to work in the body, the dose to use, and the manufacturing process.
– Before taking supplements, make sure that You already understand the health benefits for You, the risks that may be incurred, usage rules, as well as how long You should use it.
You can take supplements to support health. However, make sure You wisely use it and keep your diet healthy and balanced with exercise and enough rest.