Kinds of ferns and Latin names are many. Ferns often found around us, especially in the garden or in the forest. Ferns have roots, true leaves stem, and reproduce asexually with spores, which make the plant spikes is called spore cormophytes. Because it has the vessels of the carrier, this plant is also called as plants Tracheophyta.
ferns itself is often used as an ornamental plant, because of its unique shape and have approximately 9000 type. Typically the plants ferns grow along with the mosses, but plants ferns trail is high compared with the mosses.
Kinds of ferns And Latin Name
ferns have the characteristics as follows :
– Has the body size of macroscopic up there that have high to 20 meters.
– Their habitat is everywhere (cosmopolitan) with the way of life in epiphytic, saprophytic, and also adapt to life on land and water.
– On the tips of the leaves are still young will roll up, the leaves on the ferns can be divided into large and small, as well as differentiated according to its functions i.e. photosynthesis and producing spores. While the spores produced are gathered in the one container box spores along the edges of the leaves sporophyll called Sorum protected insidium.
– Ferns insidium easy to grow in areas that have high humidity and there are also some types of ferns that can live in the water.
– Ferns have root fibers.
ferns can grow in radiating to all directions, and the ferns are still young right grow of forming colonies ferns.The ferns have benefits for human life, in addition as groceries or vegetables, ferns can also be used as a medicine as a wound healer, and are often used as an ornamental plant to add to the beauty of the room.
As for the following kinds of ferns and Latin name:
1. Spikes Naked With the Latin Name Psilophytinae
Plant a nail is called the nail bare because this plant does not have leaves, or if it has leaves it is small, has no roots and also does not have a trunk true.Nails naked this time many have already become extinct and can be found in the form of fossils. The shape of the nail bare form of the stalk-stalk branching like a fork with a sporangium at the tip of its branches. Because it does not have chlorophyll, then to obtain nutrient gemetofit these spikes depend on the symbiosis with the fungus mycorrhiza.
2. Horsetail Latin Name Equisetinae
ferns is in the form of grass with a jointed rod with small leaves, composed of circular, and single. Plants. horsetails can flourish in the highlands. On the trunk similar to the leaves of an evergreen that grows upright, swollen biceps-books, and hollow.
3. Wire nails With the Latin Name Lycopodiinae
Plant these spikes are often grown with grasses, so that it is almost the same as the grass which is the base of the trunk has no supporting root. The leaves are small and arranged in a spiral. The Sporafil kidney-shaped with the tip of the tapered length and the edges are jagged. Types of plants a wire nail is often used as an ornamental plant and planted in a pot or garden.
4. Spikes True With the Latin Name of the Filicinae
Plant spikes that often all we see around us, especially plants of a fern is a plant spikes with this type of nail true. Ferns have large leaves with young leaves that roll up and has the bones of a leaf.
ferns can be used as an ornamental plant (deer antler / Platycerium, suplir / Adiantumcuneatum, spikes nest / Asplenium nidus), as the material of medicine (Dryopterisfilixmas), vegetables (clover), and also as the plant protection. Hopefully, the information about the kinds of plant spikes and Latin names could be beneficial.